Upcoming Events
Every 1st Wednesday
7:30pm
Every 1st Thursday
7:00pm
Picture Gallery
Apparatus Gallery
2018 Call Volume
 Fire
Jan 
Feb 
Mar 
Apr 
May 
Jun 
Jul 
Aug 
Sep 
Oct 
Nov 
Dec 
Total0

Call Volume History

Newsletter
Stay up to date!
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
Contact Information
Upper Salford Volunteer Fire Company
PO. Box 157
Salfordville, PA 18958
Non-Emergency: 610.287.9324
Emergency: 911
Member Login
The second meeting of the Zoning Board will be on Monday, February 12, 2018 at 7:00 pm at the Upper Salford Township Municipal Building. This will be the second hearing date for the cell tower project. All are welcome to attend and show their support.

 

WINTER FIRE PREVENTION:

There were three house fires in Montgomery County overnight Wednesday into Thursday, and since Dec. 1, 2017 there have been 21 house fires, including two that were multi-alarm. That is an unusually high number that may be attributable to the exceedingly cold temperatures the region has been experiencing recently.

Cooking is the leading cause of home fires and can easily be prevented. We urge all of our residents to follow these important steps to prevent winter home fires:

  • Never leave food cooking on the stove top unattended.
  • Keep a close eye on what’s cooking, particularly if you are frying food. If you see any smoke or the grease starts to boil, turn the burner off.
  • Keep a pan lid or cookie sheet nearby and use it to cover the pan if it catches fire.
  • Turn pot handles toward the back of the stove so they aren’t bumped or pulled over accidentally.

The steps people sometimes take in an effort to heat their homes, particularly during power outages, can also lead to house fires. The following steps can prevent house fires in those instances:

  • Keep anything that can burn at least three feet from heat sources, such as fireplaces, wood stoves, radiators, and space heaters.
  • Use flameless candles, flashlights and glow sticks in the event of a power outage.
  • Don’t use an oven, stove top or bring an outdoor grill inside to inside to heat your home. Those pose a serious risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning and/or fire.
  • Turn space heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed. Don’t use more than one space heater at a time and don’t run extension cords to them.
  • If you use a portable generator during a power outage, make sure it is outdoors in a well ventilated area away from doors, windows and vents, make sure you have working carbon monoxide detectors in your home and never refuel your generator when it is running.

Spring Penny Auction

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Doors open at 5:30pm, Auction starts at 6:30pm

$1.00 donation at the door and free refreshments!

Sponsored by the Ladies Auxiliary


 

Yearly Call Volume as of 2018:
YearCalls
2017247
2016209
2015200
2014188
2013198
2012159
2011189

 

 

Do you shop with Amazon.com?

Now Amazon will donate when you shop!

just got better! Try using

Navigate over to smile.amazon.com and choose Upper Salford Volunteer Fire Company as your charity 

and Amazon will donate .5% of eligible purchase dollars to the fire company. It's that easy.


 

 

Volunteers Needed:

USVFC is currently looking for part-time help in a number of areas. 

Please click here to read more about volunteering your time 

or contact a member of the the membership committee at membership@usvfc.org.


 

 

Hall Rentals Available!

Having a graduation, birthday or summer event?

Need more space or a bigger kitchen?

Click here for more information about our hall!


 

Upper Salford Volunteer Fire Company

782 Old Skippack Road

PO Box 157

Salfordville, PA 18958

Phone: 610.287.9324

Emergency: 9-1-1

For general information email: info@uppersalfordfire.org

For website issues email: webmaster@uppersalfordfire.org

    Follow us on Facebook @ "Upper Salford Volunteer Fire Company"